The Quality of Education
- To develop a curriculum which is well planned and carefully structured which provides learners with an opportunity to undertake qualifications that will enable them to make their first steps towards future employment.
- To ensure that all learners studying at Alternative Curriculum College (ACC) are given opportunities to engage with employers and/or training providers.
- To develop accurate and robust assessment systems across the full curriculum, ensuring that learners understanding is checked systematically and gaps in knowledge are addressed immediately, so that learners make consistently strong progress towards intended outcomes.
Behaviour and Attitudes
- To create an ethos of positive behaviour and conduct, where high expectations are set for both learners and staff.
- To develop a learning environment which successfully contributes to learners developing positive attitudes towards their studies. Promoting a commitment to their education, so that they study effectively and take pride in their own achievements.
- To develop an offer that consistently prepares learners for future success in their next steps.
- To ensure learners are given an opportunity to develop the skills and qualities that will help them become active citizens who contribute positively to society.
Leadership and Management
- To develop an ambitious school vision, which provides a high-quality, inclusive offer for all.
- To develop a robust teaching and learning cycle aimed at ensuring that teachers continue to use pedagogical approaches and strategies that ensure learners make consistently strong progress.
- To communicate effectively with parents/carers and mainstream schools, so that learners progress and any barriers to achievement are recognized immediately and support is put in place to address them.
- To develop a culture of safeguarding that supports effective identification of any concerns and that these are addressed immediately.